Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Current Progress

 As I said I would, I got rid of some things today. I took the Pokemon cards that I wasn't going to keep and took them to a local card shop and sold them. I have no idea on the individual value that I lost on each card, but I really didn't want to spend the next few months on eBay trying to get the most for each card and then dealing with shipping each one that sold. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the money. The hobbies that I have left don't require anything else. I am almost finished with reading one of the Halo Precursor books, so I'll put some money into the next book. I read the book series roughly ten years ago, but I don't think I got much from them last time. This read through has been different. I read Epitaph a month ago, and it got me into the mood of reading the precursor books again. The story of change and loss matches a lot of what I'm feeling. Epitaph did a great job of showcasing this. There is just something to the Halo universe that makes you feel isolated and awestruck that I feel few franchises can do, minus the Dark Souls series. 

Anyway, I also took my skateboard out today, and I admit that I was afraid before I got on the board as it felt that I completely forgot how to balance on it, but luckily that came back quickly. I road it for an hour at a park while listening to music. Its one of those activities that require a lot of focus, so it leaves little room for distracting thoughts which is nice. Hopefully I'll stick with it this time. I know I'll never be able to do any tricks, but if I could just ride it confidently, that would be a big deal to me. 

With all of this going on it has been easier not falling back into the past. The key for me is to keep looking forward to tomorrow. I'm off again tomorrow, so I figure I'll go and ride my bike for a bit. I'll see if I can find any deals at a Half Price Books, and then try to get the rest of the day planned out. I'm still searching for a new hobby/skill to keep me busy when it gets colder. I didn't get rid of many of my painted miniatures, as it is hard to get rid of them since I built and painted them. I added the ones that I don't collect the army for to the third spot in my cabinet. I don't know if I'll continue to add to my existing collection. My two armies that I collect have pretty much taken up all the space in my cabinet as is, and I don't want to store any. I have a few individual figures left that I can paint if I get bored, so I won't have to buy any. Hopefully though, I will be able to find something new to do. The key to the new hobby is that it needs to be cheap and more importantly, not take up much space. I might hit a Barnes & Noble near me tomorrow too and take a look at their hobby section to see if anything jumps out at me. I'm sure HPB has a section too.

No comments:

Post a Comment